Saturday, March 28, 2009

Prarie path

Today I hurt my knee. Hopefully not bad, but the last 6 miles were torture. We ran the prairie path today, which was gorgeous, even if it was 30 degrees. We were running a set time instead of distance, so we knew we'd be finishing at the same time, which was nice. At mile 3 my right knee started hurting. I've never had such a severe or specific pain since I started training, so I was pretty worried. Still am. Anyway, I finished through the pain, and it was a long enough distance that in a weird way it makes me more confident that I can finish the race no matter what happens.

Lynette was running 10 minutes more than I was to stay with her friend, so we both ended up running 9.5 miles (according to my gps iPhone app).

The best part of the day was the amazing eggs benedict I had at the race-prep clinic at 7 Dwarves restaurant afterwards. Those tiny men really know how to poach an egg.

No comments: