Monday, March 2, 2009

Just a few weeks away!

We're getting up into the huge miles now, starting this week. On Saturday, we'll be running 10 miles down on the lakefront. I'm not looking forward to either the 10 miles OR the wind! This will be a real test of our endurance. Eight miles was tough, but I'd run 7 before, so it wasn't impossible. But this will really be a tough run.

With all these runs with high mileage, I've found that I REALLY need a nap after our runs. My whole body aches for about two days, and no matter how much I stretch, it seems like my calves are never stretched enough. I've never been the kind of person who just lays around, but honestly, for the two days after the long run, ALL I want to do is lay around. I've managed so far to drag myself to the gym on Mondays, though, doing some muscle work. By Tuesday I'm fine, rocking it out at Turbo Kick, but it's just those first two days that make me want to just crawl into bed and not come out.

I've noticed I'm getting a lot more definition in my leg muscles, which is really nice. I've been running hills and combining my intervals with that, leaving me exhausted every Wednesday. But I think it's helping my breathing and my endurance, and it's a huge challenge that I need to overcome, and we all know how competitive I am.

Wish us luck on our 10-mile run on Saturday!

No comments: