Saturday, January 24, 2009

Run cancelled today

Today we had to run 6 miles, but they cancelled the group run because it was too cold. So we ran at the Park District instead. That is so annoying because there are a lot of walkers on the track, especially when it's cold out. And a lot of them like to walk two people side-by-side. This becomes especially annoying when they decide to pass another couple that is walking, and then there are four people abreast, which means that all three lanes are completely blocked. I tried to be nice and say, "ladies, only two people side-by-side." At one point these ladies said, "but we're passing!" I said, "Me too!" You can't take up the whole track, geez! There were about 2 dozen walkers and 6 runners, and a couple times I almost caused a runner behind me to hit me because at the last minute a walker would step out in front of me, and I'd either stop short or try to go around, and the runner behind me would have to also stop.

I wrote a comment form (even though I work there!) and said NO PEOPLE WALKING SIDE-BY-SIDE!

I'd almost rather have run outside in the zero degree weather.

But I did 6 miles in 61 minutes, that's pretty good, considering I walked five laps (after each mile except the last, obviously.) Matt and I were both suffering, though, after missing two runs by being at the Inauguration. It was a tough run, and a very aggravating run. My whole body has been hurting since Tuesday, when we stood outside for 5 hours, walked 5 miles, spent 6 hours in the car, then the next day spent 12 hours in the car. It really took a toll on me, my shoulders hurt from driving, my bad ankle and lower back hurt from standing, I got a cramp while we were walking ... that vacation was bad for my whole body!

No comments: