Monday, December 22, 2008

Third Week of Training Starts Today!

Today marks our third week training for the half marathon!

We ran our second team run on Saturday - it was really cold out! At least it wasn't in the single digits like it was on Sunday, we'd probably have frozen in midstride!

I have Reynaud's Syndrome, which is a fancy way of saying that my fingers and toes turn white when it's cold out. When they start to warm up, it feels like they've been slammed in a door. I try to avoid letting them get too cold. However, our coach gave us tips for 20 minutes before running, so my fingers and toes got too cold - the first mile I was in so much pain, and I really exhausted myself trying to get the circulation back into my hands and feet. After that, I was fine (and almost got too warm) but it really made the rest of the run difficult because I'd used so much energy flapping my hands around and stamping my feet. Matt thinks that I should get those gloves that are half gloves, half mittens, but I don't think that will help.

Matt decided to run four miles instead of three (which is what the half marathoners were running.) I thought he was showing off until he explained that he missed the turnaround mark and ended up running that extra mile on accident.

Today we have to run 30 minutes, which is about 3 miles for me, or 27 times around the track at the Park District.

- Lynette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was 20 minutes today! Or are you just an overachiever? :P

casualcostumer said...

I am doing the intermediate training!