Saturday, December 13, 2008

First Team in Training... er... Training

Spikey Frost 03Today we had our first training session with the Team in Training (TNT) group and coaches. We met at a running store in Glen Ellyn, which actually gave discounts to anyone who is doing or has ever done TNT. So that was nice, even though we've already spent a crap-ton of money on cold weather running gear. I was afraid we'd show up and be the one yuppie couple who is decked out in all the gear, but can't run to save their lives. At least we didn't get matching outfits. I did win a drawing for a gift certificate, so I ended up getting another pair of wicking socks, some nutrition gel to sample, and a massage stick.
As for the actual running, we both held our own rather well. I found a pace that happened to be one of the fastest in the group, so we'll see if I'm able to sustain that for more than 3.5 miles, or if my natural instinct to be in the lead will require suppression.
Oh also, I've been told I have to get special stickers to put over my nipples so they don't bleed when we go past 8 miles. AWESOME!

No comments: